What Does the Spanish Crash Course Offer?
The Ultimate Spanish Crash Course based in Buenos Aires, Argentina, is designed specifically for people wanting to learn the basics quickly so they get by in any other Spanish-speaking country. Offered in individual modules of two hours each, these bite-size and interactive language classes provide you the words and phrases needed to survive everyday situations. Classes are organized upon request, whether you are a solo traveller, a couple of friends, or a group.
The Crash Course is divided into five individual modules of two hours each, and each day is devoted to a different theme. Students can choose to take the modules they find most appealing or participate in all five as they are complementary. Whatever you choose, each and every module is:
- Fun – interactive and engaging class time includes role playing, games, listening and speaking exercises.
- Cultural – a great introduction to Buenos Aires as they incorporate content specific to Latin American culture and tourism.
- Flexible – perfect for travellers who have little time in Buenos Aires—students can book anywhere from one to five days.
- Informative – Crash Course professors have years of experience and are passionate about providing dynamic and engaging lessons.
- A High Value – the professor will provide course materials that will not only help guide class time, but will also allow the student to review the information at home.
- Well-Located – held in Expanish’s beautiful and completely refurbished, historical building in the very center of Buenos Aires.
Who Should Take the Spanish Crash Course?
If you want to skip the intensive courses and you consider yourself a beginner with little or no Spanish knowledge, we highly recommend taking a Spanish Crash Course during your stay in Buenos Aires. You will learn vocabulary and phrases needed when eating at a restaurant, while shopping for souvenirs, and for travelling around Latin America.
Below are some examples of the very basic phrases and sentences you will learn in the course. If you can already understand some of these, then you might want to consider trying one of our Intensive Spanish courses instead!
“¿Cómo voy a La Boca?”
“¿Me puede traer un bife de lomo de caballo, jugoso?”
“¿Cuál es la cotización del dólar?”
“Me duele la cabeza.”
“¿Cuánto cuestan esas botas de cuero?”
“¿Qué tipo de películas te gustan?”
“Quiero comprar dos pasajes de coche-cama a Iguazú.”
What to Expect in the Classroom
We have developed five different learning modules designed to work for people who want to take one module, while also being complementary for those who want to take all five modules.
The goal is for you to begin speaking straight away and to achieve as much as possible in two hours while also providing you with the tools to continue learning outside the classroom by applying concepts to different contexts. This ensures that:
- Students taking one module will leave the course armed with the vocabulary to get by in specific situations and key phrases that can be applied to a multitude of situations.
- Students taking between two and five modules will build on their vocabulary and phrases with each module they take, while consolidating and practicing the things they have learned in previous modules.