Begin your DELE Preparation with Expanish School in Barcelona, Spain and get the tools you need to succeed.
What Is the DELE Exam?
Whether you want to take the DELE in Spain or in your home country, we want to see your succeed. The DELE (Diploma de Español Lengua Extranjera, or Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language) is a linguistic proficiency exam that accredits your competency in the Spanish language. This internationally recognized accreditation is granted by the Cervantes Institute (Spain) and is offered on specific dates throughout the year. You will need to sign up in advance for your specific language level.
- Intensity: 20 hours of group lessons + 5 private lessons per week
- Timetable: Mondays to Fridays 9:30-13:30 OR 14:30-18:30 + private lessons either before or after the group course. Timetables may vary per week.
- Level: For all levels; however, most students take the exam for B1 level and higher
DELE Preparation Course in Barcelona
DELE Prep consists of 4 hours of group lessons per day and a one-hour private lesson in the afternoon. The course has a set duration of 4 weeks, designed for you to specifically work towards the DELE exam preparation according to your Spanish level. In group lessons you continue utilizing your Spanish skills in grammar, listening and reading comprehension, writing, vocabulary and conversation. So, why choose to prepare for the DELE with Expanish?
- We incorporate the four basic skills (reading, writing, conversation, and listening) which are vital to successfully pass the DELE exam
- We offer interactive activities, real DELE materials, and in-room multimedia so you enjoy a dynamic approach to studying and preparing.
- Our teachers know exactly what you need to become successful when the test date arrives.
A wide variety of Spanish language texts are used in all writing and listening exercises to expose you to all forms of Spanish spoken throughout the Hispanic world, including Spain and a number of Latin American countries.
You will receive learning materials to specifically prepare you for the exam and will be coached in each area of the test. At the end of the preparation course, you will be evaluated on your acquired knowledge and skills.
Description of the Competencies According to Levels
Diploma de Español Nivel A1 (Beginner level): This qualification certifies that the student is able to successfully manage commonly used expressions and has developed the basic Spanish that is needed to communicate immediate needs and to manage everyday topics and situations.
Diploma de Español Nivel A2 (Elementary level): This certificate attests that the student is capable of understanding commonly used phrases and expressions of a personal nature (basic personal and family information, running errands, local geography, hobbies, etc.).
Diploma de Español Nivel B1 (Intermediate level): This level attests to a sufficient linguistic ability for understanding and responding appropriately in most normal day-to-day situations and for expressing desires, needs and opinions in a basic way using a neutral Spanish, without local nuances.
Diploma de Español Nivel B2 (Intermediate level): The B2 certificate demonstrates that the student can understand and communicate complex topics, including technical or abstract themes, can produce clear and detailed texts that include analysis or the defence of a personal opinion, and can naturally interact with any native speaker with fluency and ease.
Diploma de Español Nivel C1 (Advanced level): At this level, students are expected to be able to use the structures of the language with ease and fluency, both in written and oral communication. Students should be able to adapt their language to a variety of social situations, and express opinions and take part in discussions and arguments in a culturally acceptable way.
Diploma de Español Nivel C2 (Proficient level): The advanced C2 certificate proves that the student has developed the necessary language competence to manage any situation with ease, quickly adapt their communication style to different contexts with precision and accuracy, and understand the cultural customs embedded within the language that they use.
- Welcome pack
- Spanish Course Book
- A selection of immersion activities
- 24/7 Emergency Assistance
- Academic activities
- Benefit card
- City Center Tour
- WiFi and Computers with Internet Access
- Program: 20 Hours of Group Lessons + 5 Private Lessons per Week
- Start dates: 16 January, 13 March, 17 April, 19 June, 21 August, 18 September, 30 October
- Spanish level: All Levels
- Duration: Minimum of 1 Week - Recommended 4 Weeks
- Average group size: 6 People
- Schedule: Group Classes from 9:30am to 1:30pm or from 2:30pm to 6:30pm + private lessons either before or after the group course