he Academic Semester program has a minimum duration of 20 weeks with a minimum of 20 hours per week. With this structure, you are immersed in the language for a minimum of six months which guarantees a complete and intensive immersion experience which is truly the heart of this program.
Classes are held in groups and take place within two schedules: either in the morning from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm or in the afternoon from 2:30 pm to 6:30 pm. In the hours that you do not have class you are invited to participate in the many cultural activities that the school holds.
The strength of the Academic Semester program is that you have the opportunity to learn Spanish naturally and gradually through this complete, long-term immersion program. In our dynamic group classes you learn the language in an engaging and effective manner. By focusing on all areas of language acquisition, speaking listening, reading and writing, you have the chance to grow in all areas of expression.
The theoretical portion of the course focuses on grammatical principles and vocabulary acquisition. However, there is always a large portion of class that is devoted to conversation with classmates which encourages interaction between students and fosters a positive learning environment for everyone. This ensures that not only are you learning Spanish, but you’re having fun while doing so.
Why choose the Academic Semester?
Besides its length, what differentiates the Academic Semester from the rest of our programs is the level of academic support you receive from our academic staff. We understand that, being part of a long-term program, it’s very important that the teachers give special attention to the learning process of the student; the objective being a clear focus on the student’s continuous improvement.
The most notable difference besides the duration of the course is the extra-curricular academic attention the student receives. The Academic Semester promises a personalized summary from the academic staff and monthly meetings with the Academic Director to discuss areas of improvement, expectations or comments from the student, as well as action plans to help achieve a fluid level of Spanish by the end of the semester.
- Welcome Pack
- Spanish Course Book (€25 deposit returned at end of program)
- 4 Free Activities per week – Cultural, Social, Academic and Integration aim
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Academic activities
- Student Benefit Card
- City Center Tour
- WiFi and computers with internet access
- Spanish Classes: 20 hours per week
- Start dates: Begins every Monday
- Spanish level: For all Spanish levels
- Duration: Minimum 20 weeks
- Average group size: Average of 6 students per class with a maximum of 10
- Schedule: Morning or afternoon sessions
- Class duration: 50 minutes
- Students receive academic accompaniment and added assistance from the Academic Director every month.