We all know that to fully master a language, the most effective way is to obtain complete immersion of the city where that language is spoken, absorbing the environment, its people, and its customs.
From that idea comes Spanish in The City, a new dynamic way to learn Spanish where the objective of the course is not only to gain knowledge of the language, but to embody and experience it.
Who is the course for?
Spanish in the City is the perfect program for the curious who wish to not merely learn Spanish indoors but who also want to understand the culture, the nuances of the city, and the social rules and ways of relating.
If learning a language in a conventional way is a bit tedious, then this program–where every day you find yourself captivated by a new experience in the city of Barcelona–is for you.
The program consists of an intensive Spanish course of 20 group lessons and 6 hours of visits to the city of Barcelona. The objective is that the theoretical content that is reviewed in the group sessions is then applied during the visit to the city. For example, if you see a module referring to “Restaurant and Food” in the group class, it’s very likely you will visit a restaurant or supermarket during the outing.
There are at least 6 visits throughout the module, always in the company of a teacher who plays the role of teacher and tour guide at the same time. The destinations may be: a bar, museum, supermarket, tourist spots in the city, among others.
- Welcome Pack
- Spanish Course Book (€25 deposit returned at end of program)
- 4 Free Activities per week – Cultural, Social, Academic and Integration aim
- A selection of immersion activities
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Academic activities
- City Center Tour
- WiFi and computers with internet access
- Spanish Classes: 20 group lessons per week + 6 individual classes around the city
- Start dates: Begins every Monday
- Spanish level: For all Spanish levels
- Schedule: Classes in the morning or in the afternoon
- Duration: Class duration of 50 minutes