One of the great aspects of any study abroad experience is the opportunity to make great life-long friends, both local and foreign. Meeting friends abroad is a great way to get to know people from other cultures, share a study abroad experience, and later on have friends from around the world.
What are some of the best ways to meet new people?
- Look around your classroom. A study program abroad puts you in a classroom with both locals and foreigners and the opportunity to get to know your classmates.
- There are always plenty of activities in Buenos Aires for students; bowling, city tours, dinner outs, art shows, futbol games, tango classes, and more. This is a great way to meet people and to learn more about Buenos Aires.
- Join a gym or a yoga class! This is a great way to meet locals (and stay in shape) from Buenos Aires.
- Go on a pub crawl. This is a great way to see the nightlife in Buenos Aires, discover the 2am-6am bar hours, and meet both locals and foreigners. Plus, you can practice your Spanish all nightlong.
- Excursions are a great way to meet people and to get to know Argentina. Places near the city that are perfect for a student getaway are Rosario, Cordoba, Colonia (Uruguay), Iguazu Falls, Mendoza, and Entre Rios.
- Live in a homestay or shared apartment with other locals and foreigners. One of the most exciting parts to any study abroad experience is the accommodation you choose. Here is where you will have the chance to live with others, learn about different cultures, and pass the study abroad experience together.
Any more ideas on great ways to meet people when living abroad in Buenos Aires?