After the celebration of the beginning of spring (in Argentina also known as Día de los estudiantes “The student´s day”) the good weather has arrived. finally! And here at Expanish, we want you to enjoy it to the maximum. So here are our top 5 locations to help you enjoy the Argentine summer…
- Watching kite surfers at Peru Beach: This beach club (without sand) is only a little way outside of Buenos Aires (it`s located in Acassuso) and well worth the trip. It`s a great place to get some fresh air, hang out, enjoy a cocktail or two while watching kite surfers and windsurfers navigating the Rio Plata. And for those who like to be active themselves, they can do a lots of activities like playing roller hockey, football, kayak or doing gym.
To get more information check out the homepage http://peru-beach.com.ar
- Enjoying graffiti art in Post Street Bar in Palermo: This unique and amazing graffiti bar is located in the heart of Palermo, just a few blocks away from Plaza Serrano. The bar has a big roof terrace where you can admire the impressive graffiti murals whilst sipping your Fernet and Coke. If you want to know more about the program and special offers just have a look at the homepage: http://www.poststreetbar.com/
- Go for a walk at the Puerto Madero promenade: This quiet area of Buenos Aires is a great place to relax, have a coffee in one of the many outside seating cafés and just people watch! Those who want to escape from the traffic of the city should definitely enter the Reserva Ecologica, and since it’s almost impossible to scout out the whole Reserva by walking , I would recommend you to borrow a bike. You can get bikes at weekends for a small fee outside of the reserva gates. And for the hungry ones: try a “Choripan” at one of the many “Parillas” that you find on the promenade nearby the Reserva!
- Sunbathe at the Parque Centenario: If you´re searching for a place to hang out, enjoy the sun and watching the porteños, the Parque Centenario in the district of Caballito is the place to be! It´s a circular shaped park where you can sunbathe with the locals and enjoy the variety of performers entertaining anyone who’ll watch. These performences include music, art, dancing, etc. You´ll also find a lake in the heart of the park.
- Try some international cooking at the Carnal bar: A local favorite, Carnal is located in Palermo Hollywood and has a great roof terrace and a fantastic array of cocktails on offer. Carnal is one of the favorite porteño drinking spots. For more information about the Happy Hours , concerts, DJs, etc. check out the homepage: http://www.carnalbar.com.ar/
- Do some skating in Los Bosques: Going to the parks of Palermo is a great opportunity to do some sports. You can do Yoga, jog and even hire roller skates. But also for those who just want to chill (especially when it´s really hot and humid in summer) take a lie down, read a book or drink some Mate with friends. A really nice park nearby los Bosques is the Jardín Japonés, a little taste of Japan in the heart of the city!
- The real summer feeling at the Terrazas del Este: The name says it all, Terrazas del Este is the boliche to be seen in during the summer, with a huge outdoor terraced area to the rear. It isn´t located in the centre of the city but is worth a journey! With its Mediterranean atmosphere and the good food, it’s a nice place to spend the evening and dance the night away. Have a look at the hompage to learn more about the events at Terrazas del Este: http://www.puntacarrasco.com.ar/terrazas.html