Leider ist der Eintrag nur auf Amerikanisches Englisch verfügbar.

  • Catherine

    So basically every 90 days I can skip over to Urugauy and get back into Argentina and start another 90 days? Does my return flight have to be within the limit of 90 days or can I enter with the return flight booked for six months later?

  • Every three months you must renew your visa in either immigrations or by leaving the country; every 6 months you MUST leave the country to renew it.

    Just before your 90 days expires, you can go to Uruguay with the ferry and come back to Argentina in the same day and you will have renewed your visa. You can also go to Immigrations in the city and have it renewed there (300pesos). Go early in the morning and prepare to wait. If you have not been to Uruguay, I suggest going there and make a day out of it. Remember you must leave the country every 6 months, even if just for the day. There is no ‚official‘ law that says you cannot renew your visa over and over again, however have a few times, immigration does get a little suspicious, so just be prepared that this will not work forever!

    Your return flight does not have to be booked within those 90 days. It can be booked for 3months, 6 months, one year. It is up to you to keep your visa up to date and legal so be sure of your dates and go before your visa expires and not the day of!

  • Erika

    So I am confused. Are you saying that you have to leave the country every 6 months AND renew every 90 days? Or can you just go to Uruguay every 90 days?

    Additionally, if you decide you want to study spanish and want to obtain a student visa while you are under your tourist visa, is that possible to do while you are in the country?

  • You must have your visa renewed every 90 days. You can choose to go to immigrations or leave the country for the first 90 days in Argentina but you must leave the country every 180 days in Argentina. So you can do it like this; first 90 days in Argentina, go to immigrations, second 90 days, leave the country, the following 90 days go to immigrations, the following 90 days, leave the country, etc…

    You can receive a student visa only if studying Spanish at a local university. ( Unfortunatly, at schools such as Expanish, you cannot as classes are not set up in such a formal way. ) You can apply for a student visa while you are here but there are numerous documents you will need to obtain that involves special procedures in your home country. Still it is possible if you have family back home willing to help you out!
    If you are interested in studying abroad at one of the universities that Expanish has partnered with, you can consult with our study abroad staff to see the exact requirements for obtaining a visa.
    Expanish Study Abroad
    [email protected]

  • Maria Theresa

    I am a Filipino and I was invited to attend the WFC conference on October 2009 to be hold in Argentina. the secretariat will sponsor my trip. What are my requirements for tourist VISA application in Argentina Embassy in the Philippines

  • Do find out exact requirements for a tourist visa in Argentina, contact the local Argentine Embassy in the Philippines. There they will be able to give you exact information and/or procedures on how to apply for a tourist visa in Argentina.

  • Emily

    I want to go to Argentina to live after I graduate. I will graduate at 17. Which visa should I get to live in Argentina until I can apply for citizenship? And can I apply for citizenship if I do not have family in Argentina and I am not Argentine myself?

  • Hi Emily,

    You can apply for three different visas to Argentina:
    Tourist Visa (which is granted upon arrival)
    Work Visa (which means you have a work contract already in Argentina. This must be arranged beforehand.)
    Student Visa (which means you are a student here. This must be arranged beforehand)

    Applying for citizenship is a long process and there are a number of steps you must complete before you can apply to be a citizen of Argentina. Please go to the website of the Argentine Embassy in your own country and find out more details there. Here you will also find out more information about each of the visa’s you may apply for and the process, paperwork, involved.

    Good luck!

  • Nicholas Craig Barringer

    Hello, my name is Nicholas, and I am currently in Argentina. >I am American, and I am 18. I came here with the intentions to work, and learn Spanish, and then when I learn Spanish fluently I want to study here, but I need a job.

    I have been here a month, and I cant get a work visa. Does anyone know a way tp get the work visa. either i have to have a job, in this case i do but the company i will work for wont fill out the precontrato so i need to get the work visa another way… maybe i can study and get a student visa and work??? i dont know!! and im running out of money. if you can help me please email me!!!! thanks, ççnico

  • Hi Nicholas,

    Getting a work visa in Argentina can be a challenge! You must have a job here with an employer that will sign all of your papers and take you through the process. If you do not have that, there is no other way to receive a work visa.

    A student visa can be awarded when you are going to school fulltime/partime here. That will get you a student visa. Check out your embassy in Argentina for details on the process.

    Often foreigner’s work „under the table“ here and there are employers that do not mind to pay like this. For now, this is your best bet, as you can still make a living without having a work visa.

    Don’t give up!!

  • Sile Penkert

    I am |Irish 36yr old female, wishing to spend over 6 mths in Argentina, between both volunteer work and travel. Do you know has Irland ratified its trade agreement with Argentina? and does this have implications with regard to visas for entry to Argentina. Ideally I would want a work visa , but I am aware this is a difficult process. ?

  • Daniel Clark

    Hey I’m currently living and working in New York City. I plan to make a move to BA the 16th of June 2010. I spent my junior year studying at the UBA Filo y Letras and just graduated from Middlebury College in May with a degree in Latin American Studies. I have 5 months to find a job down there. I understand the whole „tourist visa loop hole,“ but a work visa would obviously be more substantial. I currently work for a big restaurant firm in Manhattan, so anything in the restaurant, hotel, music or general entertainment/ nightlife scene would be ideal. Let me know if you have any ideas for me.
    Thanks so much!

  • Scott

    Hello, this site has been great and full of great information. I’m looking to move to BA and get my CELTA to teach English. Couple questions: a) is there a demand for teachers and b) how difficult is it to obtain a work visa once there. I’ve seen many job ad’s where they request the person currently live in BA, but never have I seen them request someone with a work permit (maybe it is assumed).

    Thanks for the advice!

  • Hello Everyone!

    A work visa in Argentina is granted to a foreign worker by the employer. Employers who will take on this process will often require that you stay at least one year and are truly serious about working and staying in Argentina. Work visas are common among foreigners here, not difficult to get, but they are not for the short-term work in Buenos Aires. The time consuming (and sometimes costly to the employer) does not make it worth it. There are some employers who request that you have a work visa already, however, without a job, you don’t have a work visa…so make sure you remind them of that.

    In regards to teaching English in Buenos Aires, getting a visa may be more simple as often these companies are big and have in-house lawyers who will get the paper work done for you. For those who are wanted to find work for a few months, teach English for awhile, etc, your path will be work without a visa. This is ‚technically‘ illegal work in Argentina, but we can’t say it is uncommon.

    Regarding all visa information, check out the Argentine consulate’s site in your home country; email them or better yet call them with a list of questions needed to be answered. You can also call you our embassy/consulate here in Argentina with questions. The very best way to answer any of your visa questions is to go straight to the souce. The staff in the embassy/consulate are always friendly and willing to help! Good luck!

  • iain

    Hello!! I’m currently staying in Argentina for 6 months with the possibility of staying on longer and either just traveling more or finding some work. I am thinking about heading to Uruguay for a couple days a few days before my 90 days visa expires. Do the officials definitely give exist and entry stamps, as i traveled to Brazil a few years ago from Argentina and i had to ask them to give me a stamp which they still did not. ( I was there on a tour of Cataratas del Iguazú) so is Uruguay easier? What do i need to do?

    I am very fortunate to have a Argentinian mother with lots of family here, so been thinking about applying for residency. Though i have been told that as my mother no longer lives in Argentina that i can not apply for citizenship as i am a South African who been living in the UK with my father who is British for the past 6 years! I am here using my South African passport and basically am not sure on where to look or what to do?

    I also only have a very basic knowledge of Spanish and am looking to attend a school such as Expanish or Ibero to increase my knowledge and help me on my travels and to communicate with my family here in Argentina. Do i need any particular visa’s or is the tourist visa i am on sufficient?

    Any information and advice would be much appreciated!

    Thanks very much!

  • jack

    Hi, I am fortunate enough to have a source of income without working. I was planning on coming to BA for 6 months as a tourist (90 days + extension) then heading back to the UK for 2-4 weeks and then repeating. Can I assume that I will have no difficulties like some have encountered with the Uruguay ‚dodge‘ ?

  • Niss

    Hi, I am a permanent resident in the U.S. and need a tourist visa for Argentina. I will be visiting Argentina as part of a guided tour that goes through Chile, Argentina and Brazil.
    I applied for a tourist visa 6 weeks ago and still have not got any response. My interview with the consul went very well and she verbally gave me the green light.
    Since my trip starts in 1 week, I kept inquiring about the status of my application every 2 or 3 days for the last week. The consulate personnel claims that my application is in Argentina and there is nothing they can do about it not even check on the status. I though tourist visas were delivered by the consulate, is there a reason why mine is being processed in Argentina? Is the application process usually this long?

    Thank you!

    • admin

      Hey. Im sorry to hear that youre having trouble with your visa into Argentina although I may be able to offer you some words of encouragement. As a US citizen, if you are going to be in Agentina for under 90 days in a row, you do not need to apply for a tourist visa. However, what you will need to do is pay an entry fee on your arrival in the country which I believe currently stands at $131 US. You can pay this by cash, credit card or travellers cheques when you arrive in the airport and the fee is valid for ten years with multiple re-entries so you don’t have to worry about paying it again if you wish to come back into the country. I hope that solves your probelm but let us know if you have any further questions.