Location: Buenos Aires
Price: Starting at $4600
Estimated US Credits: 12-20 depending on program
Housing: Homestay or Shared Apartment w/ Host
Host Institution: Expanish Language School
Education Completed: High School Graduate
Foreign Language Proficiency: All Levels
- Pre-arrival Support
- Airport Pickup
- Comprehensive on-site orientation
- Welcome activity + Welcome Pack
- Staff available for 24/7 emergency support
- Accommodation options:
- Homestay: includes wifi, private room, shared bathroom, breakfast and dinner, towels and sheets, weekly bedroom cleaning
- Student Shared Apartment: including single rooms, shared bathroom, no meals and free wifi
- Intensive group Spanish classes
- Free Weekly cultural activities (4 per week)
- Expanish Certificate of Completion
- Access to Expanish Study Center M-F from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- International medical insurance
- Visa fees
- Accommodation extras (telephone, laundry, meals, etc)
Immigration requirements differ for each country, so be sure to check the consulate page for your country of origin. It is the sole responsibility of the student to ensure compliance with Argentina Visa and immigration requirements to enter the country prior to departure.
In general, our students enter the country on a tourist Argentina Visa, which typically lasts 90 days and can be renewed for a second period of 90 days after arrival (for a total period of 180 days).
This information is current as of October 9, 2018 and is subject to change.
Spending a Semester or Quarter abroad is the ideal way to dramatically increasing your Spanish language and soak up all that this Latin American cultural hub has to offer, both inside and outside the classroom. Consisting of intensive Spanish courses, optional homestay living and cultural activities, this program is comprised of international students and classes are taught by local Expanish faculty. Open to students of all proficiency levels.
Host Institute & Study Center
Our Language School in Argentina is located in a historical and newly-renovated building at just a short distance from Casa Rosada, Puerto Madero, and the Obelisk. We are located in the city center (“centro”) so the area is filled with restaurants, cafes, and nearby parks to enjoy lunch with new friends. We are also just a few steps from the subway line “B” so you can easily take public transportation to the Spanish school from Palermo, Belgrano, and Recoleta.
Expanish is one of the most modern Spanish language schools in Buenos Aires, as the school is bright and spacious, with vibrant colors and inviting decor. The Expanish Study Abroad staff will be your on-site support staff during your time abroad!
At Expanish we offer a truly international experience as our students come from diverse age groups, cultures and countries. Students enjoy the diversity of the classroom make up while learning the language and gaining a Spanish cultural experience from local teachers at our language school in Buenos Aires.
The experience in a Homestay in Buenos Aires allows you First-Hand experience and be a part of everyday life and share in traditions, customs, and habits with your hosts. Homestay in Buenos Aires will allow you to consistently practice your Spanish enabling you to learn the language quickly. You will share breakfast and dinner with your host family, giving you numerous opportunities to practice Spanish.
Shared Apartment with Host Option
In a Shared Apartment in Buenos Aires, you can stay in a single room in the apartment of a local host. While meals are not included, you will be able to experience the local Argentine lifestyle and have opportunities to practice Spanish with your host.
A Shared Apartment in Buenos Aires is perfect for students who are looking for affordable housing and cultural experience in Argentina. A difference between this option and Homestay is that this option does not include meals.
All participants will be enrolled in our Intensive Spanish 20 course.
The small classes allow for personalized attention from the professor in a relaxed and comfortable environment while students are completely immersed in the Spanish language.
- 20 contact hours per week
- For complete beginners to advanced students
- Beginner Spanish, High Beginner Spanish, Pre-Intermediate Spanish, Intermediate Spanish, Advanced Spanish
- Classes are held daily Monday-Friday, 9:30 am – 1:30 pm
- All participants will receive a Expanish Certificate of Completion
Transcript Available by Request
Expanish has partnered with UAI (Universidad Abierta Interamericana) to offer university credit for our Spanish classes to any student who participates in our programs. This is a great way to receive transfer credit at a home university at an economical cost. Students will receive a normal Expanish course certificate as well as a university transcript upon completion of a program.
- Credit should be requested and paid for before course start date
- 10 contact hours = 1 UAI credit
- Administrative Cost – US$150 per 8 UAI credits
Sample Class Schedule
We have flexible dates! If necessary, we are able to accommodate alternative timeframes and dates.