Welcome to Expanish!
You will enter the school and be greeted by a professional team of highly trained teachers and a passionate international staff who are excited to bring the students together and bond over Spanish learning. We know the first day can be nerve-wracking, so here is an idea of what you can expect in your Expanish Arrival and First Day in Buenos Aires:
First day at Expanish
When you arrive to Expanish on your first day you will receive a welcome pack that includes tourist information about Buenos Aires, program and class information, a student benefit card (used for our discount program), and an Expanish eco-bag to store your class materials.
You will take a Spanish written test prior to arrival and oral one on the first day at the school. This test allows for the assessment of Spanish knowledge and appropriate placement with students of the same level.
On the first day of classes, Expanish staff will provide all new students with a short orientation that includes information about Spanish classes, activities, excursions, and Buenos Aires in general. This orientation is also a great way to meet fellow students and our friendly staff.
Following the first session of classes, students are invited to attend a talk in which students will receive information relating to safety tips for traveling around the city, best practices for using public transportation, exchanging money, accessing a local SIM card, and a breakdown of the neighborhoods in Buenos Aires.
Students will receive a Welcome Pack and course materials, and need only bring with them a pen and pad for notes.
Location & Transportation
Expanish is conveniently located in the downtown (“microcentro”) neighborhood of Buenos Aires, accessible by many bus and subway lines. Find the information below.
- Subway: Expanish is just around the corner from the Leandro N. Alem stop on the Subway B Line (the last stop on the line in the direction of downtown). You can use all other subway lines to connect to the B Line and then take the subway to the Leandro N. Alem stop.
- Buses: Numerous bus lines from all over the city have stops less than a block from Expanish. You can connect from your location to any of the following buses to arrive at Expanish: 7, 180, 33, 143, 195, 93, 130, 61, 152, 28, 91, 126, 22, 50, 56.
- Private transportation: You can of course always opt to take a taxi or rideshare by hailing a taxi on the street or using one of the following convenient apps: Cabify, Uber, Taxi Premium, Radio Taxi.
Ezeiza International Airport (EZE): If you are coming to Expanish from EZE, we recommend that you do not hail a taxi from outside the airport, but that you instead opt for one of the following modes of transportation into the city:
- Take a car service (known as a “remis”) from inside the airport. Our primary recommendation is Taxi Ezeiza, which has a stand to your left after you exit customs (across from the McDonald’s).
- For a lower cost option you can take a group transfer from the airport to the Retiro neighborhood. From Retiro, you can either take public transportation to Expanish (on one of the bus or subway lines listed above) or a take shorter taxi or rideshare by using one of the following apps: Cabify, Uber, Taxi Premium, Radio Taxi or any other.
Jorge Newberry Airport (AEP): If you are coming to Expanish from AEP (the more local airport in Palermo) you can reach Expanish by public transportation on the 160, 33, 37, 45 bus lines or by private transportation using one of the following apps: Cabify, Uber, Taxi Premium, Radio Taxi.