When booking a program, students confirm they do not currently have COVID-19 nor present symptoms compatible with COVID-19 defined by the WHO. They also assure not to have lived with or have been in close contact with COVID-19 confirmed positive patients, or with a person that has shown symptoms compatible with COVID-19 for 14 days prior to the beginning of the program. Each student also understands the risks involved with international travel, student housing, and programming run by the school and understands that Expanish is not responsible if the student contracts the disease during the program or the following 14 days afterward.
The school has established special terms in the event of school closure due to COVID-19 restrictions or students who are unable to travel:
Students Currently at the School: The school will provide vouchers to current students for unused services and/or online classes of the same value. No refunds will be provided for
current students due to COVID-19-related restrictions beyond our control.
Students Who Have Yet to Start a Program:
For tuition, transfers, activities, and insurance, students may choose from the following 3 options:
1. Transfer a reservation to an online course at no cost.
2. Move a current or future reservation to a later date offering a credit note valid for a year at no cost.
3. Request a full refund except for non-refundable fees (courier fee). Two weeks of advance notice is required.
For housing, the terms depend on the specific option. They are:
- Homestays and Shared Apartments with Host: Same terms as tuition.
- Student Shared Apartment and Non-Expanish Housing: Terms are the same as normal. Please refer to sections for each.
– Expanish cannot be held responsible for decisions taken by embassies or immigration police regarding entry visas or visa extensions. Visa advice can only be given by the appropriate Embassy or Consulate.
– Students must maintain a valid visa status and their course will be terminated without a valid tourist or student visa. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the most updated regulations/processes are being followed.
– Expanish cannot be held responsible for any visa regulation changes which occur after the booking has been confirmed in compliance with the then-existing regulations.
– A visa document courier fee is charged each time documents have to be sent by courier (see school price lists).
– In order to issue course confirmation documents for student visas for Spain, Expanish requires the full payment of a course.
-Students are required to have adequate travel/medical insurance. Expanish offers an optional insurance policy that can be purchased.
– Classes are held Monday to Friday and are scheduled in the morning and/or afternoon.
– Expanish reserves the right to use classrooms in alternative premises of the same standard.
– Long-term discounts are applicable when the weeks are booked and paid for together.
– Expanish may change course structure and timetables at its discretion without notification. The student is entitled to a refund of tuition fees for those courses that Expanish is not able to provide.
– For registration received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date, Expanish cannot guarantee requested accommodation options.
– All students housed in non-Expanish accommodation should adhere to all rules and policies provided by the provider, which may include deposits, security precautions, use of facilities, guest policies, etc.
– Students in housing will be provided keys, and in case of loss or theft, they are responsible for replacing them and covering other related costs.
– Where possible special dietary requirements will be accommodated. Availability and any applicable fees will be confirmed upon request.
– Students under 18 by the start of their program can only book a Homestay accommodation option.
Changes to Enrollment
– Expanish reserves the right to charge an administration fee of 40€ for the course, volunteer placement, or internship placement and 100€ for the accommodation each time the program is changed or postponed after Expanish has confirmed the initial enrollment. Any changes should be made in writing two weeks before the requested change or postponement. This also includes requests for changes while the student is at the school.
– Any postponement within two weeks of the start date will be considered a cancellation of the original program.
– In cases where the student wishes to change housing assignments, Expanish reserves the right to charge an administration fee of 100€ and perform the change according to availability.
– Changes between different services (courses, accommodation, volunteer placements, and other services), such as substituting one service for another, are not permitted and will be considered a cancellation.
– For cancellations received 14 days or more in advance of the program start date, Expanish will refund fees received in full, excluding non-refundable charges (registration fee, courier fees).
– For cancellations received less than 14 days in advance of the program start date, the student will be charged a cancellation fee equivalent to one week of tuition and registration fee.
– For any cancellation received on or after the course start date, there is no refund for the course.
Course Cancellations With Student Visa
– To cancel or end studies at the school, the student is required to return the original certificate of studies document, send a signed document confirming the intention to cancel the program, a copy of their passport, and the official denial of visa document (for cancellation with official denial of visa document).
– Refunds with the official denial of student visa document or official document of canceling intentions to study abroad: If the cancellation is made more than 15 days before the program start date, the school will return the full value of the course minus 110€ of a cancellation fee. If the cancellation is made 15 days or less before the program start date, the school will return the full value of the course minus 25% of the total amount paid as a cancellation fee. Any cancelation made on or after the program start date, whether the student has arrived in Barcelona or not, there is no refund of program fees.
– There is no refund of program fees without the official denial of student visa document or official document of canceling intentions to study abroad.
Homestay and Shared Apartment with Host Cancellations
– For cancellations received 14 days or more in advance of the program start date, Expanish will refund fees received in full.
– For cancellations received less than 14 days in advance of the program start date, the student will be charged a cancellation fee equivalent to one week of housing.
– For any cancellation received on or after the check-in date, there is no refund.
– If a program has started and a student has reserved 8 weeks or more of a Homestay or Shared Apartment with Host, they may notify Expanish in writing 4 weeks prior to the date of termination to receive a refund of the remaining weeks, otherwise, a 4-week cancellation fee will apply.
Student Shared Apartment Cancellations
– For cancellations received 16 days or more in advance of the program start date, Expanish will refund fees in full minus a cancellation fee of 1 week of housing.
– For cancellations received 15 days or less to the start date, there are no refunds for Student Shared Apartments.
– A deposit of 200€ is required upon check-in. The deposit can be made in cash or with a credit card authorization form.
– Expanish works with independent student residences, hostels, hotels, and private apartment companies, each with its own cancellation policies. Expanish will inform the student of booking terms when confirming the booking.
– For any cancellation made of internships, there is no refund for the internship placement fees.
– For cancellations received 14 days or more in advance of the program start date, Expanish will refund fees received in full, unless the trip has begun or a claim has been made.
– For cancellations received less than 14 days in advance of the program start date, after the trip has begun or after a claim has been made, there is no refund for insurance.
– Final payments must be received in full 14 days prior to the program start date.
– Payment instructions are provided with the invoice.
– The payer is responsible for all bank and transaction fees.
– Any refunds due will be paid to the original payer.
– The financial cost of the refund will be automatically taken out of
the amount refunded.
– In the event that a refund is due, prorated refunds will be calculated on a weekly basis.
– Expanish will close for public holidays and class time will not be made up fully so students should account for holidays when booking their program.
– For weeks with one holiday, group courses make up 2 hours of missed lessons.
– For weeks with two holidays, group courses make up 6 hours of missed lessons and the 30-lesson group course will also receive 2 additional private lessons as compensation.
– Individual lessons during holidays will be rescheduled.
Students may request a 1-week break for every 6 weeks of course. One week of notice is required.
Level of Spanish
If a student does not have the minimum level of Spanish required to follow a specific course, as determined by the Expanish placement test, Expanish reserves the right to move the student to a course that is appropriate for their level.
– Buenos Aires: Expanish developed its own textbooks which are included in the cost of the course.
– Barcelona / Madrid: Students are required to pay 25€ upon arrival for their textbook and additional 25€ fees for each subsequent book as they move through levels/texts.
Reduction of Lessons
Expanish requires a minimum of 3 students to form a group. On the rare occasion a class does not have the minimum, the number of lessons will be reduced by 50%.
– Flight details must be given 7 days prior to arrival in order for Expanish to provide an airport transfer. No refunds will be granted on transfers if flight details are not sent to Expanish in time.
– Flight details include arrival airport, arrival time, flight number, airline, and point of origin.
– Airport transfer fees include a maximum waiting time of one hour from the flight’s arrival. In the event of a delay, students will be charged an additional fee upon arrival at the school.
– Students under 18 by the start of their program are required to book in and out airport transfers.
Neither Expanish nor its accommodation providers provide supervision for any student participating in an adult program (16+ years old). Students who are less than 18 years old are required to complete a parental liability and waiver form prior to arrival.
Expanish will not be liable for any failure to comply with obligations (and therefore shall not be required to pay compensation) if the failure is accompanied by any cause beyond Expanish’s reasonable control; nor shall Expanish be responsible for any costs incurred by
or on behalf of the student as a result of any such case. Such causes shall include but are not limited to fire, flood, war, riot, embargo, organized labor stoppage, unusually adverse weather conditions, acts of civil or military authorities, acts of terrorism, acts of god, pandemics, etc.
Expanish will not be held liable for loss, damage, or injury to persons or property. Expanish will not be liable in the event that any service contracted to be supplied by Expanish becomes impossible to supply for any reason or any cause outside the control of Expanish.
Code of Conduct & Expulsion
Students are expected to attend a minimum of 80% of classes in order to continue each week. They should inform the school in case of absence and missed classes are considered lost. Students should act in a respectful manner towards fellow students, teachers, staff, and third-party providers such as accommodation hosts and/or activity guides. Expanish reserves the right to expel students from the program/accommodation at its sole discretion if it sees students in breach of its basic code of conduct (supplied in the welcome pack on the first day of classes) and no refund will be given. Students must pay the full cost of any damage to property and are expected to obey the laws and adapt to the customs of their
host country and host family (if applicable).
Photography & Filming
Expanish may take promotional photographs and video footage of students. If students do not wish to participate, Expanish will respect their wishes if Expanish has been notified.
Expanish Terms and Conditions apply to all students and agents representing students.
BUENOS AIRES LEGAL INFORMATION
Centros de Español SA – CUIT 30-71128572-1
Av. Federico Lacroze 2315, C1426CPI, Capital Federal, Argentina
+54 11 5984 5877
SPAIN LEGAL INFORMATION
Programas Educativos ARVA SL – B66994534
Carrer de Pau Claris 186, 2nd floor, 08037, Barcelona, Spain
+34 93 215 55 66