Accreditation Requirements for Spanish Schools
Accreditations is a form of quality insurance. It is a process through which a Spanish school is evaluated to ensure that it meets certain criteria and standards. Expanish accreditation ensures that students receive the best quality service from the institution. An accreditation body is an organization that verifies and recognizes compliance with quality standards.
The accreditations that Expanish has received are reflections upon the high quality Spanish language education you will receive. The accreditations also recognize that the language learning programs, the facilities and experiences offered at Expanish are of the highest caliber. When accreditation bodies evaluate a Spanish school, they ensure that it has:
- Qualified Spanish language teachers
- School premises with properly-equipped classrooms and a highly effective learning environment
- Accommodations that are regularly inspected for safety and suitability
24-hour supervision of young students on junior programs
- Advertising and marketing that accurately represents the services provided
Why choose an accredited school?
Students who choose an accredited school ensure they receive the highest standards of quality, professional care, and teaching. In addition, the institution is considered legitimate by immigration officials. In some cases, student visas are only given to those who study at an accredited Spanish school.
Accredited schools are re-inspected every few years, and each year, a selection of accredited schools, chosen at random, receive temporary evaluations without prior notice. This means that accredited schools must always maintain the best standards.
Our accreditation shows that Expanish meets the highest quality standards. Our schools have highly qualified teachers who have the support to make their classes respond to the needs of students. Our priority is to ensure that the expectation of safety, care, information and leisure activities is met; in addition to providing adequate housing and general welfare to the students.
Expanish Accreditations in Buenos Aires has received are confirmations that Expanish employs highly qualified professional teachers providing high-quality academic services in environments conducive for learning and language improvement. We invite you to peruse the accreditations received by Expanish to date to better understand the level of service that Expanish provides.
- ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages) is a membership organization of over 12,500 language educators and administrators from primary through graduate education dedicated to promoting and improving language education throughout the world. ACTFL establishes professional standards and proficiency guidelines that its partner entities must meet to receive accreditation. Expanish is proud to be an affiliate partner of ACTFL and join in its commitment to raising the standards for language education.
- Bildungsurlaub allows German citizens to train professionally abroad during the course of a week in study centers authorized by the government of the region of Germany in which they reside. Expanish is proud to be an accredited school offering these particularized courses to Germans who are looking to take advantage of Bildungsurlaub. The following are the current accreditations by region: Berlin, Brandenburg, Hamburg, Niedersachsen, Rheinland Pfalz.
- Expanish is an accredited provider for CSN, which provides grants and loans for Swedish students to study abroad in a variety of subject matters. Since 2015, Swedish students have been able use CSN scholarships to participate in Spanish language classes at Expanish.
- The DELE (Diploma Español como Lengua Extranjera) is a language proficiency exam created by the Instituto Cervantes and the Spanish government that issues official titles certifying degrees of competence and mastery of the Spanish language. The DELE is internationally recognised as a demonstration of command of the Spanish language, and can be granted to any citizen of a country in which Spanish is not an official language. Expanish proudly offers official courses for DELE preparation and certification.
- IALC (International Association of Languages Centres) is an international non-profit association whose work focuses on the accreditation of language centres around the world teaching the language of their native country. IALC bestows accreditations on schools that demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching standards and service, unique character, and a connection to their local community. IALC accreditation emphasizes the importance of cultural participation and immersion for all levels and ages of students, and guarantees that its accredited schools provide professionalism, personal attention, and an exceptional learning experience.
- IIE (Institute of International Education) is an educational non-profit organization founded in 1919 that focuses on the international exchange of people and ideas through advancing scholarships, building economies, and promoting access to opportunities. Expanish is committed to hosting international students and promoting the teaching of the Spanish language abroad. Expanish is proud to be an IIE Generation Study Abroad Commitment Partner working to help reach the goal of 100,000 exchange students between the United States and Latin America by 2020.
- Lonely Planet is a world-renowned producer of quality travel literature and global recommendations for providers and in-country experiences. Expanish is proudly featured in the Lonely Planet Buenos Aires website as a recommended Spanish school in Buenos Aires.
- SEA (Association of Language Centers) was founded in 1993 in the Adrogué province of Buenos Aires, Argentina as an organization dedicated to the assurance of premier level of standards and practices in language teaching. As an SEA-certified Spanish language school, Expanish guarantees a level of excellence in quality and progress in language instruction.
- Expanish is an official preparation and testing center of the SIELE (Servicio Internacional de Evaluación de la Lengua Española), a Spanish language certification exam that authenticates a degree of proficiency in the Spanish language as approved by the Cervantes Institute, the National Autonomous University of Mexico, the University of Salamanca, and the University of Buenos Aires. Expanish guarantees standards of quality both in the preparation of the exam and the opportunity for individuals to earn accreditation in Spanish language proficiency to be used in future academic and professional endeavors.
- The ST Star Awards recognizes excellence in a variety of categories including international education, marketing, and communication innovation. In 2018, Expanish demonstrated its superior level of service and unique offerings in being the only school in Latin America to receive a nomination for the Study Travel Magazine’s Star Spanish School Award. This year marked the 8th consecutive year that Expanish has received this nomination. In 2012, Expanish won the award becoming the first Spanish school in Latin America to do so.
- Expanish is an officially recommended language school by Study Buenos Aires, an organization launched by the Government of the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires to promote study abroad programs in Argentina. Ranked as the Best City in Latin America to study, Buenos Aires provides the optimal location to study Spanish in Latin America, and as one of the premiere Spanish schools in the city, Expanish is the perfect choice of provider for Spanish language acquisition skills for exchange students and travellers.
- The TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence pays homage to certain providers that consistently demonstrate a commitment to excellence in hospitality. Expanish currently holds the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence with a perfect score of 5.0 for its school in Buenos Aires.