Studying abroad is a unique, life-changing experience and we want as many students as possible to have this opportunity. Here at Expanish, we provide high-quality study abroad support services at the most economical price for our students. One of the factors that makes our programs so cost-effective is that we provide completely customizable experiences, so students only pay for the services they need.
Expanish established these scholarships with the intent to increase participation of diverse and underrepresented students in study abroad. Our scholarships are open to: students of color, STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) majors, LGBTQ+ students, first-generation students, community college students, and students with disabilities.
We strongly encourage all prospective students to apply for our scholarships.
As part of our commitment to increase study abroad opportunities and make the experience more accesible to all groups, Expanish is proud to offer 5 US$ 1,000 scholarships to be used to help students cover costs for Expanish programs in either Barcelona or Buenos Aires.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA at the time of the application.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a University or College at the time of their program, either in the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Applicants must plan to use their scholarship for a May Term (3 weeks) or longer program.
- Successful applicants will be required to write 1 to 4 guest blog posts detailing their experience, depending on program length, and as such must demonstrate a high level of proficiency with the English language.
Applications are due March 1, 2021.
Decisions will be made April 1, 2021.
Successful applicants will have until March 1, 2022 to make use of their scholarship.
Additional Financial Aid
All scholarship applicants will also be considered for partial financial aid. We recognize that putting together an application takes time and effort, so we are willing to reward that as well on a case by case basis. Although it will not be the full scholarship amount, we can provide aid that can help cover up to 50% of the total of their program.
Students are also encouraged check with their university to see if they qualify for any additional scholarships or financial aid, as we accept all types of financial aid, grants, scholarships, or loans that they may receive to help pay for any of our academic programs.
How to Apply?
Students should expect to submit the following materials along with the application form:
- 1 letter of recommendation
- University transcript
- 2 essays detailing their reasons for applying
Students can get in touch with us by completing a contact form or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org if they have any questions or concerns.