Things to Do in Barcelona
Watch an FC Barcelona football game, have a drink on a rooftop bar, and eat street food in the historic old town. Explore the world famous art-nouveau buildings and futuristic Olympic Village on the harbor. Barcelona is surprisingly easy to navigate, so start the adventure. Barcelona’s unrivaled artistic beauty and diversity will amaze you.
What to Do While Learning Spanish in Barcelona…
You can also take advantage of the city tours, nightlife, and culture through our school’s free and low-cost afterschool activities that we host every week for our students. It’s a great place to start if you are unsure of what to do or how to do it.
But lucky you, Spain’s second biggest city is a center for art, gastronomy, and architecture so there are endless options and you will never be bored. Here are some of Expanish’s staff choices of what to do while learning Spanish in Barcelona:
- What to See: The Gothic district, the Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell, Montjuic, Picasso museum, home matches of FC Barcelona at Nou Camp stadium.
- What to Do: Paella and tapas nights, Flamenco and Salsa classes, sea kayaking, wine tasting, hiking or horseback riding in Catalonia; excursions to Andorra, Figueras (Dali museum), and Girona.
Cost of Living
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district: €12, $13
- 1 liter (1 qt.) of whole fat milk: €0.92 – $0.99
- 12 eggs: €2 – $2.12
- 1 kg (2 lb.) of apples: €1.81 – $1.94
- 0.5 l (16 oz) domestic beer in the supermarket: €0.96 – $1.03
- 1 bottle of red table wine: €3.5 – $3.71
- Monthly ticket public transport: €52 – $56
- Taxi trip for 8 km. (5 miles): €14 – $15
- Cappuccino: €2.8 – $2.97
- 1 cocktail drink in downtown club: €8 – $9
- 1 month of gym membership in business district: €50 – $54