Business Spanish Classes
The Business Spanish course in Barcelona was imagined for business professionals who need the language in order to communicate in their workplace.
You will be exposed to specific vocabulary and idioms from a professional environment, so that at the end of the course you can interact naturally with colleagues and Spanish-speaking clients.
To ensure a solid understanding and internalization of the content, the business Spanish course in Barcelona is divided into two main sections: 20 group Spanish lessons per week and 4 individual classes of business Spanish.
This allows you to take an integral approach to the language while also being able to practice scenarios from the group class, clear specific questions and perfect the language in a personalized way.
Quick Facts Business Spanish
Who is the Business Spanish Course for?
Expanish considers this course relevant for professionals who understand that speaking Spanish is becoming more and more important in an increasingly globalized market. If you consider Spanish language skills relevant to business, this course is for you. Being able to communicate effectively in an important business meeting with people from Latin America or Spain can be the next step to take your career or your company to the next level. Below, we detail a few points as to why taking business Spanish classes in Spain is the perfect investment in your professional future:
- Over 500 million people speak Spanish across the globe.
- One of the three official languages of the United Nations, around the world, Spanish is the second most used language for international communication.
- In North America, one in ten residents is a native Spanish speaker.
- In the modern age of globalization, it is increasingly important to speak a second language as emerging markets become more valuable economic components.
- Emerging economies in Latin America such as Argentina and Chile are important global commercial partners, and the ability to communicate in the local language is essential.
What material will I learn in Business Spanish Classes?
There are a variety of subjects that a student might learn in the business Spanish course, and each course can be catered to the students specific learning goals. To paint a more detailed picture of what the content in the courses will be, we have created some example course modules.
Module 1: Company Life
- Various job descriptions and staff roles which might exist within a company
- Vocabulary specific to professional business environments
- Descriptions of distinct professions and trades
- Sayings and expressions commonly used in interaction and introductions between work colleagues
- Polite expressions in conversation, and written language as well as formal greetings
Module 2: The Job Search
- Preparing and perfecting your resume and cover letter
- Agreeing and disagreeing with your colleagues in a professional manner
- Tips and tricks for the interview process
- Justifying your position professionally
- Reading and comprehending job descriptions
Module 3: Important Business Meetings
- How to present and request information
- Preparing and evaluating reports
- Offering advice regarding investing
- Assessing and communicating stock market
- Expressing probabilities and doubts regarding possible outcomes
- Explaining possible or probably scenarios regarding investments
- Analyzing processing various economic texts
Module 4: The Business Trip
- How to participate in conferences and seminars
- Helpful sayings and expressions for facilitating networking events or outside office meetings
- Important vocabulary for scheduling and appointments
- Travel jargon
- Analyzing the process of globalization and Latin American markets
- Verbal practice as well as oral comprehension regarding specific subjects of interest to the student.
What level of Spanish do I need to participate in this program?
You will need a Spanish level of at least A2.
Can I personalize my class times?
The class schedule is already established and assigned. The group lessons are scheduled from 9:30 am to 1:20 pm. The time schedule of the private lessons is based upon the availability of both students and professors.
What accommodation is available to me through this program?
Expanish can offer you a homestay, as well as a half-board option. You can also spend your stay in a shared apartment with host, student residences, and private apartment options to suit your desired immersion experience.
Business Spanish Reviews
All the teachers I’ve had here have been very engaged in the group as well as in the progress of the individuals. The spirit in the class and at the school is friendly and cozy, when you come to a big city without knowing anyone that means a lot. I can recommend anyone wanting to learn spanish to choose Expanish.