A Day Well-Spent Outside of the Classroom
One of the advantages of traveling to Spain is to Learn Spanish in Barcelona, with the possibility of practicing it outside the classroom in real life situations. With this unique day class touring Barcelona, we hand pick a personal guide from our amazing academic staff to take you on a cultural experience. In a Spanish in the City Day class, you will find yourself in museums, famous cafes and other incredible places where you can put the language into practice.
Learn Spanish in Barcelona by choosing your favorite day class module from a variety of different options. Each module takes you outside into the Barcelona bustle where you will spend 3 hours of eventful class time outdoors with a teacher who is sharing interesting aspects related to your interests related to the culture of Spain.
The Spanish classes are one-to-one and each student can choose to participate in the number of modules they wish, meaning it is possible to do one or all of them! Each module is related to the language and culture of Spain, dealing with a particular topic. Here is exactly what each module is about:
- Barcelona Literary: Discover the neighborhoods and places of Barcelona where three successful novels are set. Tour of the Shadow of the Wind in the zone of the Gothic Quarter, Cathedral tour of the sea in Born and Barceloneta area and Tour of the Plaza del diamante in Zona de Gràcia.
- Modernism in Barcelona: A cultural and eclectic movement that permeated all the arts but has had an important weight in architecture and allowed three emblematic representations of modernism in Barcelona. You will be visiting The apple of discord (Exterior tour Paseo de Gracia), Park Güell (8 € approx) and Palau de la Música (€ 11 Approx)
- Art in Barcelona: The objective of this activity is that the student has the opportunity to know the exhibitions that are offered in different points of the city. Visit to MACBA (Museum of Contemporary Art of Barcelona, 8 € approx), visit to Caixaforum (€ 4 approx) and Urban art tour.
- Barcelona on foot: An opportunity to know more in depth three of the most emblematic neighborhoods of the city, enter through its streets and learn about its history. Visit the Gothic Quarter, Neighborhood of Barceloneta and Paseo Marítimo and Born neighborhood.
- Barcelona and its political history: Take a look at three representative places from three different periods of his politics. Visit the Mercado del Born and Ciutadella, Castell de Montjuïc (Approx 5 €) and Turó de la Rovira.
- Social life in Barcelona: An excellent chance to integrate into the traditions and social habits of the city, especially gastronomic ones, by visiting three emblematic places of their social life. First go to Bar Tomás: The bravest potatoes of Barcelona (Approx 8 €), then to Chocolate with Churros in Carrer de Petritxol (Approx 8 €) and finally to Els Quatre Gats (Approx 8 €).
Spanish in the CIty Day Class FAQ
Can I choose any module?
Yes, you can take the module you most like as a unique class or you can take many or all of them if you want to.
How will the tour be?
Together with a Spanish Teacher, who will prepare your itinerary, you will visit one or many places on foot or public transport.
Is there any extra cost?
The tour includes the teacher’s extra charges, such as public transport, but students must pay for their own extra charges. Most of the activities are free or cheap.
All the teachers I’ve had here have been very engaged in the group as well as in the progress of the individuals. The spirit in the class and at the school is friendly and cozy, when you come to a big city without knowing anyone that means a lot. I can recommend anyone wanting to learn spanish to choose Expanish.