Expanish Barcelona Summer Camps
Expanish is proud to offer a Spanish immersion summer camp program for juniors. We offer THREE camp options: Language & Sports Camp, Language Camp or Day Camp. All of the camps include Spanish classes and cultural activities. An option for only the language course is available as well.
Within Sports Camp students can choose between soccer or nautical sports, Language Camp has additional afternoon and evening activities for those uninterested in Sports, and Day Camp allows students to join throughout the day but spend the nights with their families. In the Language & Sports Camp and Language Camp students may stay with a local family or a at a student residence, with full board. Students can choose programs between 2 to 6 weeks.
All students will participate in an intensive Spanish course of 20 lessons per week. Classes are held near the residence and have a maximum of 12 students per class. Classes are taught entirely in Spanish and promote the four language skills: speaking, reading, writing, and oral comprehension.
Students will have a choice between two sport focuses: football or nautical sports. Each week students will have 4 lessons of 1.5 hours and all levels of sport are welcome. All sports activities are supervised by trained professionals.
- Football – Football activities consist of practices, games, and tournaments to improve skills as well as experience the sport in the city of FC Barcelona. Football activities take place at a sports complex near the residence. All of our coaches are UEFA Licensed. All students in football should bring their own gear.
- Nautical Sports – This is a multi-activity option including sailing, kayaking, and paddle surfing, among others, and consists of land and sea lessons. A swim test of conduct for all students participating is required.
In each module, students will have 2 cultural activities and 1 night activity per week, and 1 excursion every two weeks. They are designed for students to explore local culture, practice Spanish outside the classroom, and have fun.
- Cultural Activities – These are activities within Barcelona and are 2 to 4 hours in length. Example activities include walking tours, cooking classes, museum visits, and more.
- Night Activities – Every Friday students will have a night activity to socialize in an organized environment. These can be disco nights, bowling, movie night, laser tag, etc.
- Excursions – Every two weeks (1 per session) students will take a day trip to a nearby cultural site. Day trips may include Montserrat, Tarragona, Sitges, and Costa Brava. During day trips, students will have a sack lunch as well as a snack provided by the school.
Expanish offers an amazing student residence option as well as cultural immersion homestays for students.
RESIDENCE DETAILS – The residence is called Àgora, located in the neighborhood of Vall d’Hebron in the district of Horta-Guinardó. It houses international and Spanish students, and is a great way to live in a social environment with lots of outdoor green space. The residence is in a large building with 220 rooms and a friendly staff that is available 24/7. Students will be separated by gender.
- Double or triple rooms with en-suite bathrooms.
- Buffet meals served in the cafeteria
- Access to common areas like a study room, social room, gym, terrace, garden, and laundry room (self-service and extra cost)
HOMESTAY DETAILS – Students will live with an experienced local family, and share breakfast and dinner every day with their hosts. Our homestay options are located up to 30 minutes from the residence where the camp takes place. Two students are placed together in order to have a buddy for getting to the camp each day. This is a great option for those interested in having a deeper connection to Spanish culture and way of life.
- Single or double rooms with shared bathrooms.
- Breakfast and dinner with the host family for an enriching cultural exchange experience (lunches are included but eaten at residence cafeteria)
- 1 wash of clothes per week
Students will be supervised by Expanish staff and activity leaders who have experience working with children and coordinating groups. All staff have passed a background check. The ratio of staff to students during the program activities is 1 to 10. Students 13 to 15 may not go out at night unsupervised. Students 16+ may provide a parental consent form to go out at night and curfew during the week is 11 pm and 1 am on Saturdays. Expanish staff will live at the residence with students for the duration of the program.
- Airport Transfers – Expanish will provide a flight arrival window for students to use our group transfer service. Students arriving by themselves at other times will have to cover the cost of an individual transfer (60€ per way). All flight details are required 15 days before arrival at the latest.
- Homestay Transportation – Students will be responsible for getting to and from the camp each day. The host family will accompany the students on the first day to show them the way.
- City Travel – Students will travel by private transportation to all sports activities and excursions. For cultural activities, private or public transportation will be used and this is covered by the program fee.
LANGUAGE CAMP – Only students 16+ may enroll in language camp as students will not have organized activities during the sports activity time period (4 afternoons per week).
DAY CAMP – Only students staying with a parent or guardian may enroll in the day camp. Transportation to and from camp is not included.
LANGUAGE COURSE ONLY – Only students staying with a parent or guardian may enroll in just a language course. Transportation to and from camp is not included.
Why Choose Us?
We are interested not only in providing the best Spanish language teaching, but also in creating a fruitful exchange for our junior students with Spanish culture, helping them connect with each other and with locals.
Expanish is your home away from home, becoming a second family with our local, friendly staff as well as your fellow expat students. We have been providing Spanish language classes and experiences since we were founded in 2006, eager to share our culture with the world.
At Expanish, we are always happy to accompany our students on their adventure of living in a foreign country, teaching them not only the language but also about our own culture as we learn about theirs. We create once-in-a-lifetime intercultural opportunities for students from around the world from our school, which becomes a warm, welcoming home away from home for them.
Our 14 years of experience in the field can also be recognized by our accreditations. Certified by the Cervantes Institute, we have also earned a Star Award and Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor. We pride ourselves on providing our students with top-quality services.
Come learn Spanish with your Expanish family!