Spanish in the City: Barcelona, Spain
What better way to learn Spanish in Barcelona than exploring the city, learning about its history and daily life, and interacting with locals? If you are looking an immersion program, this course allows you learn the language while exploring the beautiful city of Barcelona
One of the best ways to completely master a language is to completely immerse yourself in a city where the language is spoken, allowing you to absorb the people, environment, its practices, and customs. The idea of the Spanish in the city course was born out of this concept. In this course, you will experience a new, dynamic way to learn Spanish where the objective of the course is not only to gain knowledge of the language, but to embody and experience life in Spanish in Barcelona.
Quick Facts Spanish in the City
Spanish in the City is designed for those who want to learn Spanish, but are searching for more than just a classroom experience. For those students who are interested in vocabulary and grammar, but are also intreagued by the culure and nuances of the city, the social rules, and ways of relating which regulate Barcelona.
If you find learning a language in the classroom a bit tedious, then this program–where every day you find yourself captivated by a new experience in Barcelona–is for you.
The Spanish in the City program is made up of intensive Spanish course of 20 group lessons as well as 6 individual lessons dedicated to exploring Barcelona. The theoretical content that is reviewed and learned in group sessions can then be applied while visiting different parts of the city.
We offer a variety of modules from which you can choose, each one including 6 tours provided with a teacher who acts in the role of Spanish professor as well as a tour guide. Check out the modules for touring Barcelona:
- Barcelona Literary: Discover the neighborhoods and places of Barcelona where three successful novels are set. Tour of the Shadow of the Wind in the zone of the Gothic Quarter, Cathedral tour of the sea in Born and Barceloneta area and Tour of the Plaza del diamante in Zona de Gràcia.
- Modernism in Barcelona: A cultural and eclectic movement that permeated all the arts but has had an important weight in architecture and allowed three emblematic representations of modernism in Barcelona. You will be visiting The apple of discord (Exterior tour Paseo de Gracia), Park Güell (8 € approx) and Palau de la Música (€ 11 Approx)
- Art in Barcelona: The objective of this activity is that the student has the opportunity to know the exhibitions that are offered in different points of the city. Visit to MACBA (Museum of Contemporary Art of Barcelona, 8 € approx), visit to Caixaforum (€ 4 approx) and Urban art tour.
- Barcelona on foot: An opportunity to know more in depth three of the most emblematic neighborhoods of the city, enter through its streets and learn about its history. Visit the Gothic Quarter, Neighborhood of Barceloneta and Paseo Marítimo and Born neighborhood.
- Barcelona and its political history: Take a look at three representative places from three different periods of his politics. Visit the Mercado del Born and Ciutadella, Castell de Montjuïc (Approx 5 €) and Turó de la Rovira.
Social life in Barcelona: An excellent chance to integrate into the traditions and social habits of the city, especially gastronomic ones, by visiting three emblematic places of their social life. First go to Bar Tomás: The bravest potatoes of Barcelona (Approx 8 €), then to Chocolate with Churros in Carrer de Petritxol (Approx 8 €) and finally to Els Quatre Gats (Approx 8 €).
Can I choose morning or afternoon sessions?
Morning or afternoon group sessions will be chosen according to your Spanish level. The city tour modules are scheduled in blocks of two hours 3 times per week and can be scheduled according to your availability.
Can I choose the Spanish in the City module?
Yes, we have various options to choose from.
Are there any additional costs?
There are a few extra fees, such as entrance to a museum. We will let you know of any additional costs beforehand.
Spanish in the City Reviews
All the teachers I’ve had here have been very engaged in the group as well as in the progress of the individuals. The spirit in the class and at the school is friendly and cozy, when you come to a big city without knowing anyone that means a lot. I can recommend anyone wanting to learn spanish to choose Expanish.