Spanish in the City: Barcelona, Spain
What better way to learn Spanish in Barcelona than exploring the city, learning about its history and daily life, and interacting with locals? If you are looking an immersion program, this course lets you learn the language while experiencing the city first-hand.
We all know that to fully master a language, the most effective way is to completely immerse into the city where that language is spoken, absorbing the environment, its people, and its customs. From that idea comes Spanish in The City, a new, dynamic way to learn Spanish where the objective of the course is not only to gain knowledge of the language, but to embody and experience life in Spanish in Barcelona.
Quick Facts Spanish in the City
Spanish in the City is the perfect program for those who wish to not merely learn Spanish inside the classroom, but who also want to understand the culture, the nuances of the city, the social rules, and ways of relating.
If you find learning a language in a conventional way a bit tedious, then this program–where every day you find yourself captivated by a new experience in Barcelona–is for you.
The program consists of an intensive Spanish course of 20 group lessons and 6 individual lessons out and about in the city of Barcelona. The objective is that the theoretical content that is reviewed in the group sessions is then applied during the visit to the city.
There are at least 6 visits throughout the module, always in the company of a teacher who plays the role of teacher and tour guide at the same time. Check out the modules for touring Barcelona:
- Barcelona Literary: Discover the neighborhoods and places of Barcelona where three successful novels are set. Tour of the Shadow of the Wind in the zone of the Gothic Quarter, Cathedral tour of the sea in Born and Barceloneta area and Tour of the Plaza del diamante in Zona de Gràcia.
- Modernism in Barcelona: A cultural and eclectic movement that permeated all the arts but has had an important weight in architecture and allowed three emblematic representations of modernism in Barcelona. You will be visiting The apple of discord (Exterior tour Paseo de Gracia), Park Güell (8 € approx) and Palau de la Música (€ 11 Approx)
- Art in Barcelona: The objective of this activity is that the student has the opportunity to know the exhibitions that are offered in different points of the city. Visit to MACBA (Museum of Contemporary Art of Barcelona, 8 € approx), visit to Caixaforum (€ 4 approx) and Urban art tour.
- Barcelona on foot: An opportunity to know more in depth three of the most emblematic neighborhoods of the city, enter through its streets and learn about its history. Visit the Gothic Quarter, Neighborhood of Barceloneta and Paseo Marítimo and Born neighborhood.
- Barcelona and its political history: Take a look at three representative places from three different periods of his politics. Visit the Mercado del Born and Ciutadella, Castell de Montjuïc (Approx 5 €) and Turó de la Rovira.
- Social life in Barcelona: An excellent chance to integrate into the traditions and social habits of the city, especially gastronomic ones, by visiting three emblematic places of their social life. First go to Bar Tomás: The bravest potatoes of Barcelona (Approx 8 €), then to Chocolate with Churros in Carrer de Petritxol (Approx 8 €) and finally to Els Quatre Gats (Approx 8 €).
Can I choose morning or afternoon sessions?
Morning or afternoon group sessions will be chosen according to your Spanish level. The city tour modules are scheduled in blocks of two hours 3 times per week and can be scheduled according to your availability.
Can I choose the Spanish in the City module?
Yes, we have various options to choose from.
Are there any additional costs?
There are a few extra fees, such as entrance to a museum. We will let you know of any additional costs beforehand.