Internships in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Expanish offers internships at high-performing businesses and nonprofits in a variety of fields throughout the city of Buenos Aires, Argentina. The takeaway from an internship in Argentina is real-world experience, international office-work on your resume and in your skill set, and an unforgettable jumpstart to your career.
Any internship is an invaluable experience. By exposing students to the working world and giving them the tools and training they will use for the rest of their lives an internship is a crucial step in professional development. Globalization means that in addition to professional experience, cross-cultural experience is an invaluable element of a student’s profile. Expanish recognizes this and offers students the chance to gain such experiences in the vibrant city of Buenos Aires with internships in various sectors, according to their own professional goals.
How It Works?
Expanish offers two options: the Standard Internship where Expanish places interns at companies throughout Buenos Aires based on their career goals and the Customized Internship where interns select their placement based on Expanish’s database of trusted companies. Both options begin with the application process.
Work Areas examples:
- Art & Design
Start Date: Any Monday of the year
Duration: 4 to 24 weeks
Work Commitment: Part-time or full-time
Internship Language: English or Spanish
Spanish Classes: Not required, but a jumpstart of 1 to 2 weeks is highly recommended; 10% discount for interns
Internship Application Process
Internship Program Requirements
- Age – 18 years or older
- Professional Experience – None required
- Language – Proficient in Spanish or English (B1 or higher)
- Documents – Application form, CV, cover letter and passport copy
Internship Placement Process
- Intern sends application with the following documents: Application Form, CV, Cover Letter and Passport Copy.
- Expanish conducts an informational phone call to better understand applicant’s goals for the program.
- Expanish will organize up to three placement interviews with companies in sectors the applicant expressed interest in.
- The applicant and site supervisor(s) conduct a phone/Skype interview.
- Expanish receives feedback from both the supervisor(s) and applicant after the interview(s).
- Applicant receives their offer letter from Expanish and have 1 week to accept or reject the offer.
We recommend starting the application process 12 weeks before arrival to Argentina. This allows for a complete internship site selection process and for interns to have the chance to interview with multiple sites. If you need the process expedited, we can work with your schedule.
- 12 weeks prior to internship start – Expanish receives student applications
- 11 weeks prior to internship start – Expanish schedules phone calls with applicants
- 10 weeks prior to internship start – Expanish conducts phone calls with applicants
- 9 weeks prior to internship start – Expanish selects and organizes interview with companies based on student preferences
- 7-8 weeks prior to internship start – Interviews take place
- 6 weeks prior to internship start – Expanish receives feedback from student and supervisors
- 5 weeks prior to internship start – Students receive placement offer
- 4 weeks prior to internship start – Both parties sign commitment letter
|Housing Type||5-Week Program||8-Week Program||12-Week Program||16-Week Program|
– Program Includes: Airport Transfer (In / Out) + 1 week of Intensive Spanish 20 + A full or part-time, internship placement for the remaining weeks + Accommodation as selected with corresponding meals + Cultural activities (3 per week) + On-site orientation + Registration fee.
– Placement Fee without a package: $590 (minimum 1 week Spanish course).
– Other durations possible, please consult for prices.